Listen Past Shows Below
ALL TIMES EASTERN
After 7 Years - Boots Hughston is back!
Boots & ArtistFirst Radio are airing a series of shows leading up to the
50th Anniversary Summer of Love Concert in June 2017
2 Ways to listen:
1. Click date to "Stream" show (it will play like the radio) or . . .
2. "Right Click" on date then select "Save Target As" (or similar i.e. 'save link as') and a copy of the show will download to your device which you can then play anytime.
February 23, 2017 Show
Boots & Zman discuss the latest developments with the Summer of Love Concert. Big trouble getting the Permits! WTF!
In 2010, Boots aired a Series of Shows with some fascinating insiders of the Music Business and some great historical figures. Those shows are archived below for your free listening.
Road Manager for Gregg Allman’s band for many years also worked with the southern rockers Lynyrd Skynyrd, 38 Special, and the Out Laws. Jim has been a fixture in San Francisco rock scene going back to the Fillmore West.
Free lance writer who wrote
for Relex Magazine for many years and now works with Phil Lesh and
friends from the Greatful Dead.
“Last Gasp” underground comix book publisher started with the ecologically-themed comics magazine “Slow Death Funnies” in the 70's and since has released along with Robert Crumb “Felix the Cat “many underground artists such as Biskup, Ron Englis, Carmille Rose Garcia, Bill Griffith, and many more. Ron has become an icon in San Francisco’s hip history known for his Burrito parties where the who’s who of the SF music scene are known to hang out.
Norwood and Doug Green
Our first guest will be Norwood from Fishbone, a flamboyant, funk, rock band
known for there high energy performances. Our second guest will be Doug Green,
promoter, he started the Garberville music festival which became Reggae on the
River, one of the most prestige music festivals in the country. He was also
partner of Chet Helms from the Family Dog in San Francisco.
Ryan "Rymo" Moran of Slightly Stoopid
Slightly Stoopid a fusion of acoustic rock and blues with reggae, hip-hop, and punk influences. Having release 8 CD’s through Skunk Records and playing many Festivals across the US Slightly Stupid has become an intelligent choice for many of the hip festival goers. Slightly Stupid has played with stars such as the Dave Matthews Band, Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley and the Marley Brothers, Sublime, the Roots, Barrington Levy and Scientist, G. Love & Special Sauce, Ozomatli, Toots and the Maytals, and Pennywise, among others, as well as their first-ever sole headlining tour of amphitheatres in 2008, joined by their friends Pepper and Sly & Robbie.
Nick Grew up with
his misfit friends - Elvin Bishop, Paul Butterfield, Michael Bloomfield which
became - The Paul Butterfield Blues Band. He learned from Muddy Waters, Buddy
Guy, Howlin' Wolf, Jimmy Reed, Otis Rush. In addition to authoring the classic
"Born In Chicago" and the groundbreaking "East West" for Paul Butterfield. Nick
also wrote hits for Janis Joplin and had his songs recorded by Big Brother and
the Holding Company, Michael Bloomfield, the Electric Flag, Howlin' Wolf, Otis
Rush, Tracy Nelson and James Cotton. He has appeared on some 40 albums as
singer, songwriter, guitarist, and producer. He also played with Blue Gravy
John Cipollina and Big Brother and the holding Company and performed with Taj
Mahal/Mike Bloomfield on there live album.
Dr. Eugene Schoenfield “Dr Hip”
Controversial Leading Expert on Drugs from the 60’s, and medical problems associated with that period. Radio personality on KMPX, KSAN, and KFRC
Psychotic Pineapple, Wild Bob
Known in the San Francisco music scene as Pineapple Bob goes back to the Family Dog, the legendary music production company run by Chet Helms. Bob started performing in the 60’s and has continued to present day from psychedelic, punk to straight up rock. Also talks about the Weichsel Indians of Mexico.
The Thrashers 9 and 10 year olds playing great gigs all across America! www.thethrashersrock.com
· First Guest, Julius Karpen - Manager of Janis Joplin and Big Brother and the Holding Company. Part of Ken Kesey’s “Merry Pranksters”
· Second Guest, Roy Blumenfeld - drummer from the Blue Project, worked with Al Cooper
· First Guest, Robert Altman - Rock and Roll Photographer, Rolling Stone Editor
· Second Guest, Lester Chambers - Lead singer from the Chambers Brothers
· First Guest, Barry Milton co-founder of "Country Joe and the Fish"
· Second Guest, Canyon - a Chewa/Apache Indian, talks of the Red Elks Prophecies, the white buffalo and the Rainbow children bringing in the 1000 years of peace.
· First Guest, Lee Houskeeper - World renown press agent who handled The Doors, Jefferson Airplane, the Chambers Brothers and many more, also worked at APA Agency and book many of the acts at Woodstock in 69.
· Second Guest, Brent Turner - Open Source Voting and Voter Fraud. He is an expert on our Voting system and fraud associated with it.
Guest, David Laflamme from “It’s a Beautiful Day” – legendary Violin payer.
2/18/10 Show Click Name
· First Guest, David Hilliard- Chief of Staff of the Black Panther Party 1965-1981.
· Second Guest, Jeff Meyhew - roadie for Jimmi Hendrix, Cream and Eric Burton and War.
Return To ArtistFirst Radio Homepage